1. With similar polysaccharide structure to heparin, fucoidan has good anticoagulant activity;
2. It has the inhibiting effect on the replication of several coated virus, such as human immunodeficiency and human cytomegalo-vims;
3. In addition to inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it can also restrain the diffuse of tumor cells by enhancing immunity;
4. It can obviously reduce the content of serum cholesterol and triglyceride. Besides, it has no such liver and kidney damage, or other side effects;
5. It has the function of antidiabetics, radiation protection, antioxidant, the inhibition of heavy metal absorption fluctuate, and the restraint of mammals zona-binding combined.